We want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting www.fairlightdev.co.uk/hub you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Fairlight Books Limited of Summertown Pavilion, 18-24 Middle Way, Oxford, OX2 7LG (referred to in this policy as “we”).
You may provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our site, by email, phone, or otherwise. We will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy.
Emails and letters – You may wish to contact us by sending us letters or emails or by filling in contact forms on one of our websites. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
Newsletters – Where you subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so that we can send the newsletter to you. We may also ask you to provide other demographic information about yourself so that we can personalise your newsletters.
Prize Promotions – We sometimes run competitions and prize draws and, in addition to your answer or entry, we might require you to send us certain information, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to administer the promotion and for any other purpose to which you consented when you entered.
When you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from any of business partners to whom you may have given your details with permission for them to send it to us.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site contains links to and from external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.